Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 27th Letter Two Weeks left at the MTC!


Just a note from Chad’s mom:  THANK YOU for your comments on the blog and letting us know that Chad has been a very good correspondent – and writing many of you.  Once he gets into the mission field, we all will probably hear much less from him!  He has grown so much already.  Thank you for writing him and letting him know you care!  --Tonja :D


Hey Parents!!!                    October 27, 2010  

    Thank you for the email and the packages. I haven’t received my black backpack yet but it should be here soon. Well, I am going to pull a grandpa (Swoboda – Tonja’s dad always calls and first thing he asks about is the weather!) and talk about the weather because that is what the main thing here is. It has been rainy all last week until Monday. It just kept getting colder and colder and colder. So on Monday we had some snow flurries for about 30 minutes. It was ridiculous to see snow in October for one thing!! and I thought it was just a one day thing, but Tuesday the same thing happened in the morning. It was a clear day for the most part then on Tuesday night after our devotional when we were heading back to our rooms, we walk outside to some huge snow flakes!!!!!! It started to pick up pretty hard and when we woke up this morning there was about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. And it was still snowing this morning!!! That is ridiculous it isn’t supposed to snow until December like back at home.
    Well I only have 13 days left until I leave for St. George!!! Not like I am counting down or anything, huh?? I remember the time when I first got here and thought I would never get out of here and now the time to leave is just right around the corner.
     Well my studying here has become more and more meaningful. Now I look forward to the time that I have to study the Book of Mormon and the other Doctrine. In the last two weeks, we have been able to watch the Testaments and the Joseph Smith movies. They are so amazing!! They definitely are able to strengthen testimonies when we watch them. Oh our devotional this week was by another Apostle. This week it was Richard G. Scott. He talked on being led by the Spirit. It was an awesome talk, but I wouldn’t expect anything less from an Apostle.
     Well yesterday we also got to leave the "compound" again. Gunter had a check up for his foot. It was nice to be out in the real world and just get away for a while. It’s so weird to think that in less then two weeks I will be in the real world for the rest of my mission!!!
      Well I don’t have too much else to report or share. But I do love all of you so much! I love the opportunity that I have to serve my mission. I have learned things here that I wouldn’t be able to learn anywhere else.
Live it, Love it, Preach it!!!
         Love
            Elder D!

No comments: