Friday, October 22, 2010

Two Letters in one week! Oct. 17 & 20!!

Hola Padres!                                      Oct 20, 2010  
Que pasa? Well I can’t believe I have been here for 6 complete weeks now. It is absolutely nuts!!! I can’t believe how fast time is flying here. This week was jam packed full of stuff, hopefully I can get it all into this email before my time runs out.
Well first off we had the opportunity to teach these two older ladies, whether they were already members or not, it was still awesome practice. We were just sitting down in a courtyard having companionship study and this guy comes up and asked if we could come teach a lesson real quick. I have to say that it was by far the most Spiritual experience that I have had here. The two ladies had completely different concerns but I think we managed to teach to both of their needs. We taught mostly about the Plan of Salvation. Whether they were members or not the Spirit in the room was so so so so strong. During the lesson by bearing my testimony of the Plan of Salvation, I brought a lady to streaming tears. It was extremely weird. But I couldn’t deny the power in that room. I wish we were able to go back and teach those ladies again, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I also got my knee checked out. Don’t worry its not bad, just started hurting a little from all the walking and playing sports. I just have to take more ibuprofen and that should do the trick.
This week was also the first time we had to teach in Spanish. I didn’t teach with my usual companionship but it was still a good lesson. I was able to speak a ton of Spanish that I didn’t even know that I knew. It was so awesome. My Spanish is progressing a ton. I feel pretty comfortable with it but there is always more to learn. We had a district leave on Monday, which kind of sucked. Our zone leaders were in that district, they were also my teammates on our 3 on 3 team for when we played basketball. Its still weird how attached you get to guys that you didn’t know before but when you are with them for 6 weeks it tends to make you close to them. I wonder what it will be like when I won’t see anyone from my district for two years. I have been studying super hard lately.  I have finished PMG again. I got a ton out of reading it this time. So much is applicable more here then at home.
Another exciting thing was yesterday we got to leave the compound!!!! Yes, the real world!!! You don’t know how nice it was to see real people and real buildings. We left because Gunter had to have surgery for his ingrown toenails, and we get to leave again sometime next week!!! Then a week after that I am off to San Jorge.
Oh, our devotional last night was so awesome!!! The speaker was Russell M. Nelson, and we had to usher for the devotional so our seats were excellent. We were probably only 20-30 feet away from him. His talk wasn’t that long but super powerful. He used the scriptures for basically everything. It really testified to me the way the BOM will answer any questions we have. I absolutely loved it!
 I love you all so much!!!   Live it, Love it, Preach it!!
                     Love,       Elder D

Hola Padres!                       October 17, 2010  
This letter is for both of you, but I want to especially thank Dad for the letter that he wrote to me.
Dad, I know things around home and the things we used to do together are weird without me.  But just know that I am in the right place and am doing what I am supposed to be doing. Don’t worry too much about me, the Lord will take care of me. But promise me one thing, okay? Make sure to take care of yourself. I will be taken care of, but you need to be the one to become healthier and strive to live a better life.  Just have faith in our Savior and all things are possible.
I am still in the threesome and we are so far in that I don’t think that will change while we are here. Spanish is coming along, I think I am about the level of an 8 year old Mexican boy. We taught a whole lesson in Spanish and we have been doing this for about a week now. It is becoming easier.
I enjoy writing and receiving letters and am keeping others posted on what is going on and new insights I discover.  So did you ever find out for sure if the Fowler’s are moving to Utah? I wrote Phil a letter last week but haven’t heard from him. I know he is busy but you can give him my email and tell him he can send me mail that way if it is easier for him.
Father, I really enjoyed your testimony. It truly means a lot. I am glad to know that I have support from home. I don’t know how missionaries go forth and serve without any support from home. I am thankful for both of you and the examples you both have set for me in my life! I am eternally grateful to both of you and that you didn’t give up on having more children. (Chad's parents struggled having children.  Emma was born and they thought that would be it.  Chad came along 3 years later!) WelI hope that I am a blessing and not a burden to your lives.
        I know that in my minor knowledge that I have, I have grown to love the Temple. It truly is the house of the Lord. It is a sacred place that confirms the truthfulness of the Gospel that we believe and hold so dear.
        Mom, thank you for being you! I love you so much! Sorry I didn’t email you back last week. (Both the mom and Chad were on the computer at the same time, sending letters back and forth!)  We only have a 30 minute time limit and I had 44 seconds left when I got your email. Oh, I did write Christina this week so don’t be surprised if you get a phone call telling you she got a letter from me.  I did follow through and write her back and thanked her for being her.  It came from the heart and I followed the spirit when writing her.  She has always been very generous with our family.  (Christina has helped by making some financial donations to Chad’s mission fund)
Yes, dad does cry a lot but I am truly his son. I have cried tons of times since being here. I had an awesome experience, but I will write that in the email. It is crazy that Andrew is back! It is weird also that Jared has been out for a year.
I want you both to know I love you so very much. I couldn’t ask for better parents in my life. You both were truly given to me by our Father in Heaven. Don’t forget about the other special spirit He has blessed you both with as well. (His older sister, Emma.) Continue to pray and plead for a miracle in her life. Remember for with God all things are possible. She will need your help to come back to the ways of righteousness, but continue with steadfast faith in Christ. This will truly be able to bless her life and also the lives of Bry and Chay.  Give them hugs and kisses for me. Help them not to forget me!
With extreme Love,
      Your Son,     Elder D

No comments: