Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 13th Letter

Hola Padres!!!                                           October 13, 2010
Well I don’t know where all this time here has been going, today is start of week six! I only have about 2 and a half more!!! Ridiculoso!!! Well this week is kind of hard to remember I am just going through the days and they are starting to blend together more, but I will try and pick out the highlights for you.
Well this week since the temperature dropped outside, so did the one inside. I don’t know if they just didn’t turn on the heater or what but our room was about 69 before we went to bed and we woke up and it was like 55 in our room, we assumed it would get better so we just let it go for a while but it still was only about 60 for a week. So on Friday we tried to duct tape the vent of but that failed cuz it would just make noises and such. But then we opened the vent itself and filled it with towels, needless to say our room is much much much much warmer.
Oh Saturday, it was BYUs homecoming and the game was so ridiculously loud we could hear it for the whole night. It kind of bummed me out to know that I wouldn’t be able to watch College Football for two years but I can still keep up on the scores.
That same night we pulled a prank on our teacher, he had been kind of bummed the whole week because he had gotten dumped by his girlfriend so to perk up his spirits we changed a few words in a song. He taught us about command form in Spanish and he told us "besa me" is the command form to kiss me.  Elder Vance asked about it so it wasn’t like he just teaches us those things. But we took those words and threw them into the end of ”God be with you till we meet again” and needless to say, it made his day a whole lot better. I still have my prankster skills a little on the mission.
The Spanish is getting so much better.  I am understanding a lot more and also being able to talk more.  If I had to guess I would probably be about the skill level of a 4 or 5 year old. Our big task this week is to teach in Spanish. So we will see how that goes. Yesterday I went about 4 hours speaking only Spanish. It was actually good. But I still have a long way to go.
Last night was also our devotional, it was so legit! It was by Richard C. Edgeley. He talked about missionary work, who would have thought!! I love these devotionals, they are always exactly what I need at the right time! They help strengthen my testimony and why I am here. The main thing that helped me was this quote by James E. Faust, I absolutely love it! It says "Faith is the power, obedience is the price, love is the motive, and Christ is the reason." I know that I am out here to help other and bring the to Christ. It is because of Him why I have a work to do in the first place. I love you both and all!

Live it, Love it, Preach it!

With much love,   Elder D

No comments: