Saturday, October 2, 2010

From Father to Son

PREFACE:  As many of you know, Darin served in Hawaii on his mission.  His mom rarely wrote and his dad, never.  Darin wrote to Chad and expressed his love for him and the gospel.  Chad’s reply was….priceless.  Enjoy.  (Both of Darin’s parents have passed away.)

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at , Davis, Darin L. <dldavis@energy-northwest.com> wrote:
Elder Davis,

It was good to get your letter last week. I am so glad to hear that you are finding it exciting to learn and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am sure that as you are learning  and growing in the gospel, You are also growing as a good man.

We attended the open house at the Scrimsher's for Jett's farewell yesterday. They left this morning to drive to Utah. Just think You will see him almost by the time you receive this E-mail. Shelby said to tell you hello, she was here from Knoxville, Tennessee.

As your mother has told you I have been trying to read every night from The Book of Mormon and other church sources. I have felt that I need to have a better understanding of the gospel myself.

Last week Bro. and Sis. DeMille asked when and where you were going to be at in southern Utah, I told them you were in the MTC until the 9th of November, they said darnit, They are going to be in St. George for 3 weeks this next month and wanted to try to find you. We are having Elder Gibson and Ward to dinner on Friday night, before Elder Gibson goes home this next week.

Chad, I want you to know that I know the church is true and that Joseph Smith was/is a true prophet of our Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on Earth and it was translated by the gift and power of God for us to use in our lives, and to share with those that will except its teachings. What you are doing is one of the most important things you can do in this life, other than being a good Husband and good father to your children when that time comes. Remember we love you and are praying for your success every night. Remember to treat your companions with love and respect, as you would like to be treated.  I love you very much and want you to know that.

Love,
Dad



From: Chad Davis [mailto:chad.davis@myldsmail.net]
Sent:
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
To: Davis, Darin L.
Subject: Re: Hello Son!

That sucks that the Demilles will be there right before I will. pero I will be there soon enough hopefully.

I hope you stay strong and love the gospel, and love mom, and the grandkids. Give them all a hug for me! I miss you pops! You don’t even know! I hope that you will continue on this path of reading the Scriptures. I know they will bless your life, just like it is blessing mine! I will be back shortly! I love you so so so much dad! Don’t be afraid to share the gospel if the opportunity presents itself. I was always too scared to follow the promptings I got to share it, but I realized that missionary work isn’t for ourselves but for our Brothers and Sisters, that they are all children of God too; and that he wants to have all of us return to live with him. We need to live worthily to receive the promptings from the Spirit then act on them!

I love you and mom and even Emma! I would like to hear from her, so if she wants to write me an email or letter it would be nice to hear from her!

I love you pops!

Live it, Love it, Preach it!
Elder D

No comments: