Tuesday, May 29, 2012


A New Week - Learning NEW THINGS - Hola a todos!    May 29, 2012
        Well it is seems to have been a crazy week here in the mission field. But is good to hear that everything went well with your cruise. It sounds like it was very enjoyable! (We went on a short trip to Alaska on a cruise ship.)
        This week has had a little bit of everything in it. We have had good moments, bad moments, funny moments, stressful moments, but they have all been worth it. This week provided for some good opportunities to find new people to teach and to learn quite a bit about myself.
Thats ONE BIG BOX for POPCORN!
       We found a new guy to teach named Rodolfo. He is from Mexico, but has been living in Salt Lake for a little while. He has really never met with the missionaries before, but he was very interested in learning more. He had some very good questions about God and religions and things of that matter. Well as we taught him, we started talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He then saw that I had a copy of the Book of Mormon in my hand and asked, "Where can I buy a book like that one?" I then just said," Here, this one is yours!" He was so surprised, but was super excited. He said that he really had a great desire to read it and to find out if it is true or not.
        This week has been a really big learning experience for my companion and I. (Chad is "training" a brand new missionary to the mission.)  He has had a pretty humbling week. He thought that missionary work was just a breeze and he could learn how to do it in just a few weeks, but he came to find out that wasn't a true statement. We had to do a lot of talking and trying to help him see that learning is a process, it doesn't just happen over night. I likened it to someone doing just one "crunch" and expecting to have a "six-pack". That is physically impossible and it is the same with missionary work. There is no way that someone can just be on a mission for 2 weeks and automatically know and understand the ins and outs of it all.
        We did have a really good lesson with the 15 year old girl that we found last week, Hailey. She is so solid and really wants to learn and grow. She likened her question on wanting to know about the true church on the earth, to the same question that Joseph Smith had. She really thought about that and came to her own conclusion that she needs to ask God what church really is the true one. So we will be waiting to see how that progresses for us this week.
        I was also able to go on exchanges with Elder Ayala. He is one of the Spanish missionaries from up in Price. It was a really good day that I had with him. I was so happy that I actually had someone to speak Spanish with for longer then a few minutes. It was surprising on how fast my mind can change back into pure Spanish and then change back and go and teach a lesson in English.
What's Up?  Just Being Elder D!!
        This week we were also able to do a bunch of service. We helped a guy from one of the wards here put in a sprinkler system for an investigator's family. I was able to teach Elder Linville how to dig his first hole.  J It was a pretty funny thing to watch. He actually went to jump on the shovel a few times and slipped. He was a good sport about it though. We also helped a family paint some of the rooms in their house. I did end up with a little blue paint on me, but it was a good opportunity to serve in different way.
Touring a Mine two weeks ago.  (Chad on the Right)
        Well like I said before, the week was a big learning opportunity for me. I was able to see the blessings of how I have served my mission, and the necessity to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength for the rest of the time that I have here in Utah. I have recommitted myself to being the best missionary that I can be, for myself, for my companion, for my area, but most of all for the Lord and His children. This week I also learned the importance of the Sacrament. It is such a great thing to have every week. I really studied out what the Sacrament meant to me and to others. And the cleansing power that comes from it, is something that is singular to that special ordinance. It is likened unto being baptized every week and that is something that I am extremely grateful for, because I am not perfect and definitely need that each week.
NEWS FROM HOME: Once again, I am glad that the cruise went well and that you both had good time. It is good to know that you still have a little fun, even if I am not there to brighten up your life. (ha ha ha Chadboy!)  Again, I thank you for your support and love!

Live it, Love it, Preach it!   del misionero en Emery County, Utah!   ELDER D




No comments: