Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy MOTHER'S DAY!!!

(For all those who read Chad's blog who are not members of our church, to preface this letter -- missionaries are to be focuses on their field of labor and not be in too much contact with home.  However, full time missionaries are allowed to phone home twice a year at Christmas and on Mother's Day.  We enjoyed an hour long visit -- laughing at his struggle to think of the right words in English!  He is loving what he is doing and acknowleges the 2 years are going by FAST!  We love him and miss him, but wouldn't change a thing!  -- The Mom)  The Picture is of Big Bad Elder Chad overlooking St. George, Utah aka St. Geezy.) 
Hola Benditos Padres!!                           May 9, 2011  
Well I am sorry to say that this letter will probably be pretty short since I just talked to you for an hour yesterday! I don’t really know what else to say, but I sure will give it a shot.
This week was pretty up and down, but it was good nonetheless. This week was full of a lot of learning experiences. I really used my brain a lot this week and thought a lot about what I was doing here and how I can make myself a better missionary. I still have not got a grasp on everything, and am trying to work everything out in my mind. The battle rages on! So with this thinking, my brain was on overload and I couldn’t think in English or Spanish! I was caught in between both languages and not understanding either. L  I guess that happens sometimes, and it is happening to me!
One thing I did learn is that I need to start focusing on others more and how I can help them, and less on Elder Davis. I am on a mission to help others and that is where my true focus should be.
The one crazy thing that happened here in St. George this week was the IRONMAN race. So I thought I may never have another chance, so I decided to compete. Well that definitely didn’t happen, especially since you have to swim 2.2 miles and as a missionary I can’t swim. Maybe later in my life I will try to complete the 2.2 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and then 26.2 mile run. There is always hope that I will be able to try that, or maybe not!
The call home was definitely the best part of my week, it was a different experience. I was at that point where I was just shedding the "trunky" thoughts of home after being with Elder Bravo, and then I am pulled right back in with a call home. But it was worth it! It is also weird to think that 8 months has already passed in my mission and then the next time that I call home, it will be when I have 15 months into my mission. The time goes by so fast and unfortunately there is no way of slowing it down.
The weather here is ridiculous!  It was in the 90s most of last week and topped out at about 96, so it was pretty warm and now we are going to have some thunderstorms for the next few days. But all is well here in St. Geezy.
How are things up in your neck of the woods? Well once again Mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! I hope you have a good week and enjoy everything that comes with it!

Live it, Love it, Preach it!     tu hijo,        ELDER D

No comments: