Thursday, February 17, 2011

TWO LETTERS! Feb 7 & Feb 14


This first letter/email was not “sent” as thought by Chad =- as well as all the emails from the elders in the area.  The computer system did not send them.  So we have two letters this week!  Glad to know nothing was wrong, except computers…

Hola Padres!!!                                                    
2-7-2011
      Well the crazy weeks full of miracles have kind of worn off. This week was just average, but I guess it is just a downer compared to all the crazy things that had been happening here. The only thing that was crazy here was the schedule because of transfers. We had such random times to do things and it was just ridiculous.
I went to St. Geezy three times in three days, so we blew a lot of miles right off the bat for the month. On Monday I supported my tie addiction and that is a little why my account has gone down. I only have used like 40 maybe 60 bucks max, I guess I will have to try and be a little more careful with my money. I don’t understand where it all went; I guess little things add up.
On Tuesday night at 5, I went and picked up Elder Lora. The crazy thing was that I was back in a trio for a day because Elder Hernandez didn’t leave until Wednesday night. So it was pretty cool because Hernandez trained Lora, so it was nice to have him there to help break the ice. On Wednesday I felt super weird because we had to drop off Hernandez in St. Geezy at like 10 at night. It was super weird to be out of our house that late, let alone driving some place. Oh the crazy things that happen on a mission. It is so funny because some days at home I wouldn’t even leave the house until . The mission really does change people I guess.   I officially finished my Mormon.org profile. So you can try and look me up on there!
I should probably tell you a little about my new companion, huh?  Elder Lora is from the Dominican Republic, but moved to New Jersey about 2 years ago. He is a convert of about 3 years. He is pretty random, but cool. Some times he will just start busting out singing Spanish songs and dancing. Elder Hernandez told me that is just the way that Dominicans do things.  J So it’s pretty funny around our house sometimes. We seem to be bonding pretty well, but there are some things that we still have to patch up. The one benefit about this companion is that he is actually making me speaking Spanish. I have seen a great benefit from it. I am actually speaking in lessons and associating with the people. The only thing is that most of my vocabulary is still about Gospel things, nothing more. I really need to gain a vocabulary about common sense things and that will help a lot.
Yesterday was pretty cool. The Branch has been moved to a brand new building here. It was pretty crazy; I felt pretty guilty being in such a brand new church and using everything in there. I have found that recognizing what day is what is still extremely hard. Everyday seems the same to me, I just wake up, pray and go out and spread the Gospel. It is pretty hard to actually understand what day is what when almost everyday is exactly the same. It is a good thing.  I am glad for the opportunity to serve and to help people change their lives. The one reason why I talked about not knowing what day was what is because yesterday was the Super Bowl? I didn't even know until like when we were at a correlation meeting and someone said something about it. I was like what the heck!? This is like the first year that I haven’t watched it in about 5 years. 
It is still crazy to hear about all the changes back in the Ward. It will be pretty cool to see President Barber and all the new people back there. Well Pops, I say for your talk you just go by what the Spirit tells you! Since that is what your topic is. (Darin was giving a talk in church.) Well thank you for everything and especially your support, it means a lot to me!
 
Live it, Love it, Preach it!


Your Son from the Lord's Vineyard!    Elder D

Mis Queridos Padres!!!                                 February 14, 2011
       Well first off I want to apologize for the email not going through last week. I sent one I promise, but the server where we email must failed. None of the elders here had emails go through so it was something here. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.
I also want to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!!  I had to say it, I didn’t forget either I just forgot to buy a card and send it. Hopefully this will make up for me not buying a card.
This week was full of steady but sure things here. Last Monday was a pretty eventful day. Hopefully I can catch you up on everything. The first thing, the Zone Leaders got in a wreck. So they had to get a new car. The funniest thing was that it happened right across the street from where we do emails. I included a picture just so you can experience the crash and the laughs that I had experienced.
After all our daily activities, we decided to go hike a mountain to these caves. It was a pretty gnarly workout to get up there. The hike wasn’t the only crazy part of going up there. Up on the mountain, there was this random ramp that is on the edge of a 25 foot gap. Included is the picture. My question is who is crazy enough to jump this 25 foot gap on a bike, and let alone carry this bike halfway up a mountain? I guess people in Utah truly are crazy. Another thing was we were over at the Spendlove's and Elder Lora was trying to fix a picture and he ended up breaking the glass of the frame. He felt so bad that the next day he went and bought another and gave it to them. The whole day he was just saying "I feel so bad, Elder!" It was pretty funny.
This week has been up and down, but we have discovered a new style to help spread the Gospel. We have taken a little advice from the Jehovah Witnesses. We go to the door and if no one answers we just leave a pamphlet there with our names and number. So whether they answer the door or not, they are going to get a message about the Restored Church.
My profile is finally posted on Mormon.org. So go look me up!!!  The companionship is still growing. We are having to work out differences but that is normal when you  live with someone every second of the day. We just have a few different opinions on some things and we need to find some common ground in the middle. Elder Lora and I just haven’t quite clicked like I did with Elder Hernandez.
The time seems to go by faster every single week. It seems like I was just here emailing home yesterday. My mission will be gone in a blink of an eye. I did get the Valentine's package on Saturday. I really enjoyed it! I also enjoyed the Spanish card. My question is how did you pick it out? It was really good and wasn’t inappropriate. It was actually for a son and was very good.
Well I do have a package to send home, but I can wait and just send it later in the transfer, unless this guy really wants to come pick it up. Oh I also really enjoyed the story that you sent me. It really applies and I needed something like that to help boost me up. It is also tough to hear about the boys and their loss, but they just need to battle back. Keep me updated! Thanks!
Well the Stake is getting split? Do you have any idea what is in what yet?? Man I am coming home to a new ward, and probably a new stake as well! Oh the changes that happen while you are gone! Well I hope you have a good Valentine's Day! I love you a ton!

Live it, Love it, Preach it!

Your son laboring in the Lord's Vineyard!     Elder D


No comments: