Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letter No. TWO!

Hola padres!                              September 15, 2010

Well I don’t even know where to start with what this week has brung. My P-days are gonna be Wednesday so I can email on this day, and do all my laundry. But it’s still cool to get mail. So everyone can continue to send me real letters or while I am in the MTC you can just look me up on Dear Elder, and then I get what ever you send in the mail that day or the next, and it is free. I know you will love that mom.

Well this week has been crazy. The first day seemed like it took an eternity to get through. My district is pretty cool. We had 12 guys in it. Six of them are going to Chile. Two are going to Guatemala. And the other four are going to different stateside missions. And those guys are all my roommates. The guys in our district are from everywhere. Dallas, El Paso, Balzac,  Alberta Canada, Tacoma, Idaho Falls, Sacramento, Two from Utah, and BOISE.

My companion is Elder Wood. He is from Sacramento. He is going to Tallahassee, FL. He is a pretty cool guy. WE seem to bond well. But I now have another companion. An Elder ended up going back home on the third day, so now I am part of a trio. Its Elder Wood, ME, and now Elder Gunter. He is from Dallas, and is going to Philly. It is pretty cool to see all of us grow together and the strength that we have.  You just feel the Spirit wherever you go here.

Its nuts to think that you learn everything so quickly. It was kind of weird to adjust to being away from home, and sleeping in a tiny little bunk bed. The electronical aspect of it isn’t all that bad. I am just mostly so busy that I don’t have too much time to think about it. We have been learning Espanol and the Restoration like no other. I can basically teach the Restoration from memory, and am becoming a better teacher. I also think I have learned more Spanish in this one week, compared to the two years of Spanish I had in high school. The coolest part is the time I have to study for myself. I get to learn and think of things that I never thought of before. We had an awesome devotional last night, by H. Bryan Richards. It was so awesome, the Spirit was so strong there. The played a clip of a talk of J.R. Holland. and it just made me realize the true meaning and power of the Atonement.

Well The food is getting kind of old. Its good don’t get me wrong, it just seems like we have the same thing over and over and over. Almost everyday for lunch we get some form of burger with fries and the dinners are just kind of random, but it is what it is. Well I do miss you guys! But I know that I am doing the right thing by being a representante de Jesucristo. Just had to throw in some Spanish for you! but this is truly where I am supposed to be and I will be home sooner then you know it! I love you guys and I love my savior! Just keep persevering with obedience and the Lord will bless you no matter what always remember that!

Stay True!

With all the love in the world,
Elder Davis

No comments: